Dr. S. H. Advani
Dr. S. H. Advani
Since 1974, Dr. S.H. Advani has been involved with Medical Oncology/Haematology along with strong interaction with other clinical branches and basic scientists.
At present, his strong interest is to develop developmental therapeutics with clinical research program. This will have integrated projects involving all the branches of clinical oncology as well as potential basic research. Also, he has started biological therapeutics targeting various molecular targets on the cancer cells. Dr. S.H. Advani has been pioneer in establishing Bone Marrow Transplantation set up in India.
He has been involved with about 500 National and International Publications. He has played an important role in establishing D.M. Medical Oncology (Mumbai University) at Tata Memorial Hospital. He is also recognized a M.Sc. and Ph.D. Guide in Applied Biology.
From infancy, now his department has entered into modern Medical and Paediatric Oncology with full infrastructure including Bone Marrow Transplantation, Haematology Laboratory, Flow Cytometer, Cytogenetic and Molecular Laboratory. Day Care Chemotherapy Unit and Patient Concealing Groups. He has been the Chief Investigator for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia Project supported by National Cancer Institute, Washington and Chronic Lymphatic Leukaemia Project supported by Department of Science and Technology.
Recently he has embarked upon the project of writing syllabus along with teaching manual for DM Medical Oncology Course in association with Indian Medical and Paediatric Oncology Association.
Awards and Achievements
- He is active in medical and academic research and has over 654 publications. He is the recipient of many international and national awards.
- He has received Padmashri Award in 2002, the highest civilian honor granted by the President of India.
- he is also awarded Padmabhushan in 2012.
- Lifetime Achievement in Oncology 2005, Harvard Medical International.
- Gitfed Teacher Award 2004 by The Association of Physicians of India.
- Nazli Gad-el-Mawla Award (2005).
- Lifetime Achievement in Oncology (2005)
- Harvard Medical International
- Gifted Teacher Award (2004)
- The Association of Physicians of India.
- Dr. M.A. Panawala Oration (2003)
- Indian Medical Association, North East Bombay Suburban Branch.
- Dr. K.M. Bhansali Memorial Oration Award (2003)
- Dr. D.K. Gosavi Oration Award (2003)
- Dhanvantari Award (2002)
- PHO Oration Award (2002)
- “PADMASHRI” by Government of India (2002)
- Dr. M.S. Ramakrishnan Memorial Endowment Oration Award (2002)
- Dr. H.M. Bhatia Memorial Oration Award
- Institute of Immunohematology, ICMR, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai (2001)
- Dr. B.L. Agarwal Memorial Oration Award
- Indian Medical Association, Allahabad Branch, Allhabad (2001)
- Sahyog Foundation Award
- Sahyog Foundation, Mumbai (2000)
- Dr. Bankat Chandra Memorial Oration (Certificate of Appreciation)
- Indian Medical Association, Hyderabad City (2000)
- Award of Fellowhip of (ISHTM)
- Indian Society of Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Mumbai (2000)
- Dr. V.S. Bhende Oration Award
- Mahim Dharavi Medical Practitioners Association, Mumbai (2000)
- Sir Dorab Tata Memorial Trust Oration Award
- ISO conference, New Delhi (1999)
- “GIANT INTERNATIONAL AWARD”
- GIANTS INTERNATIONAL , Mumbai (1998)
- Dr. Jal Patel Memorial Oration Award
- Governing Council of the Resarch Society, Grant Medical College and Sir J.J.
- Group of Hospitals, Mumbai (1998)
- Indo American Cancer Congress Inc. Award of Excellence
- Philadelphia. PA (1996)
- Wanker Oration Award
- Indian Medical Association, Nagpur (1996)
- Dr S S Thakur Conference Oration
- Bombay Obstetric and Gynaecological Society (1995)
- Annual Oration of Indian Association for Cancer Research
- Indian Cancer Research Society (1994)
- ""Sandoz Oration Award""
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) (1994.)
- Dayalal Vadalia Memorial Cancer Oration
- Rajkot Cancer Society (1993)
- Dr. J. B. Chatterjee Memorial Oration Award
- Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital (1991)
- Dr J.G. Parekh Oration Award
- Bombay Haematology Group (1990)
- Blood Group Reference Centre (BGRC) Silver Jubilee Oration Award
- Indian Council of Medical Research (1990)
- Manorama Sapre Oration Award
- Indian Society of Haematology and Blood Transfusion (1985)
- UNICHEM Lectureship in Hematology
- Association of Physicians of India (1983)
- Dr. B.C. Roy National Award.
- Medical Council of India (2005)
- The Baroda Sun Life Time Achievement Award.
- Bank of Baroda (2008)
- Dr. Ch. Gnaneswar Memorial Oration Award
- Padmashri 2002
- “PADMABHUSHAN” by Government of India (2012)